Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Nursery

So views of Jacob's nursery have been in high demand and I have been a little reluctant to share because I keep feeling like it is not yet ready. However, since I feel it is very nearly close to the finish line here it is.





We used Christopher Robin Green for the base color. We had originally painted this room a nice dark sage green for Aiden, but felt it was too dark for the baby. Then we added some trees in blue and cream to make it sort of forest-y. 








I was sort of obsessed with trying to get this capiz shell shade in the room so we added it above the crib. We left the shelves left over from  when Aiden was in the room in their original location.










Here is one of my favorite things in the room, our collage of photo frames. J-R-S for Jacob Rudy Schlaich, a baby picture of me, a picture of an owl (the baby room's main theme), sonogram pictures of Jacob, and eventually/hopefully a baby picture of Greg.





Green, Grey, & Blue are the original color scheme we where going for, but when we found this owl picture in Pier 1 we just knew it would make sense in the room. 





  Greg has these orange Puma sneakers that he wears so when I was thinking about diaper bags for him I automatically got him an orange one. Now it will match the orange flowers on the owl canvas too!




Here is the closet side of the room. As you can see its not a very big room. I joke with Greg all the time with turning it into a very large walk-in closet when we are done having all our babies. He usually rolls his eyes and says, sure.....







Hope you like it. :)

No comments: