Thursday, August 23, 2012

A well placed nick nack is a happy nick nack

 If you have visited my house you will notice I am a little nick nack obsessed. I love them! I thought maybe I would introduce you to a few of my fave decorating pieces.
 
I like turtles. This little turtle double functions as a magnifying glass!
 

 The fireplace is a perfectly balanced mixture of frames and nick nacks. My favorite piece on the mantel is this tiny little soapstone elephant. You can't really see it but there is a baby elephant carved inside as well.   

I agonized over this lamp for awhile. I think it is finally growing on me. 
I am also in love with the little green vase and diffuser cover

I love when Pier 1 has their sales. I got this beautiful red lantern for less then $5!

This turtle candle holder for $1

The nick nacks have also started spilling into the family room downstairs. 
This nice little grouping includes a vase from World Market, an empty wine bottle, and a tiny planter that will eventually hold a cute pink flower.
 

I did finally finished the little dining room display.
 

I printed these 3 pictures and they make a wonderful little addition to the display. 
They also tie into the Seattle architecture/art theme I got going on.

Speaking of Seattle Architecture/Art, we moved the Seattle Skyline picture (taken by yours truly) the wall space above the stairway. Its a perfect fit!
  
AND we updated our photos! Jacob has place on the wall as well as in our hearts. 
It makes the wall look nice and full.

My newest nick nack is my new fave. I bought this piece off eBay.

Sadly, it does not work, (which I knew before I bought it), but it does look lovely on the shelf!

No comments: